, ,

One Week Later We Finally Get a Statement

Feb 16, 2009 Leave a Comment

Story: Staff

Chris Brown is "sorry and saddened"

One week after the alleged assault of his then girlfriend Rihanna, Brown said yesterday in a written statement "Words can not express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired." He went on to say, "I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones, and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person."

The alleged altercation took place shortly after midnight on 8 February. Police were called to a dispute in Los Angeles's Hancock Park neighborhood, where a couple had been fighting in a rented Lamborghini.The female victim – identified in numerous reports as Rihanna – received hospital treatment for her injuries. Chris Brown, Rihanna's boyfriend and also a singer, voluntarily surrendered himself to police later that day.

Brown was released on $50,000 bail and will appear in court on 5 March if authorities press formal charges.

"Much of what has been speculated or reported on blogs and/or reported in the media is wrong," Brown's statement continued. "While I would like to be able to talk about this more, until the legal issues are resolved, this is all I can say, except that I have not written any messages or made any posts to Facebook, on blogs or any place else. Those posts or writings under my name are frauds."

So after a week of rumors and questions we are no more closer to the truth then we were before this statement was released and why did it take a week for Chris Brown to say " I'm sorry"?

0 comments »

Leave your response!